Fordyce, AR Pest Control
Whether it's because of summer's heat or winter's chill, there's no shortage of pests that call Fordyce, Arkansas, home throughout the year. Unfortunately, most homeowners overlook pest control until it's too late and their properties have been infested. Preventive pest control is the number-one way to ensure you protect your home against many of the common pests that lurk and linger in this part of the country. If you stumble across any one of the following pests in your home, contact Delta Pest Control right away for immediate action and fast extermination.
Bed bugs, which appear reddish-brown in color, are flat and oval pests that are up to 5 mm long in size. After a blood meal, which is the only way they feed, bed bugs become swollen and redder. They're more active at night when a host is sleeping, and they're often found in hotels, where they travel easily from host to host.
Signs of Bed Bugs in Your Home
- As juveniles grow, they shed their skins. If you find these case skins, it might indicate an infestation.
- Bed bugs defecate black and brown stains on porous surfaces, black and brown mounds on nonporous surfaces.
- Waking up with bites might also signal a a bed bug infestation; although, it could also signal something else.
A cockroach can measure more than two inches in length; tropical species tend to be larger than those found in cooler climates. It has six legs, two antennae and some species have wings. Most winged cockroaches aren't particularly good at flying, though. A cockroach can enter your home from nearly anywhere. Considering it can breed rapidly, it's especially important to exterminate the problem once you notice it to avoid allergic reactions and other health risks.
Signs of Cockroaches in Your Home
- Cockroaches are nocturnal, so if you spot one during the day, it's usually a sure sign of an infestation.
- Cockroach feces will appear during an infestation; they resemble black pepper or coffee grounds.
- An unpleasant smell, either a strong oily or a musty odor, is typical during a cockroach infestation.
Termites live in colonies that consist of nymphs, workers, soldiers as well as reproductive males and females. Each specific type of termite differs in size, shape and the function it performs. Termites might look like ants, but they're more closely related to cockroaches. Considering termites cost homeowners in the United States billions of dollars per year in structural damage, you have to contact pest control right away if you notice any signs of an infestation.
Signs of Termites in Your Home
- Sagging floors and walls, or areas that appear to have water damage, can indicate a termite infestation.
- Termites usually leave behind small piles of feces that resemble pellets where they've either eaten or nested.
- The presence of tunnels near your home's foundation is a likely sign of a subterranean termite infestation.
For more information about the residential and commercial pest control services we offer in Fordyce, Arkansas, or if you're interested in receiving a free quote, contact Delta Pest Control today at (888) 894-8177.